365 days........

of living, laughing and learning

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

346. Edited vs sooc.....

I get a lot of question about processing...do I do a lot of editing to my pictures. My answer is always....I try and do as little as possible because I'm not that good at post processing. I also do clean/minimal processing to most of my pictures, but there are some instances where I do more editing than others, but I try not to:) I also look for lighting situations that require little editing:)

I decided to give some examples of how a sooc picture (sooc=straight out of camera) very often looks like for me....I shoot raw and not jpeg so some editing is required. Here is some from today.

Here is my edited and cropped version...I like the lighting here, but obviously my child didn't want to get her picture taken and I don't shoot from above her very often because I tend to not like that angle as much:)

There is the sooc version without anything done.

Here's my edited and cropped picture of my child when she's cooperating and giving me eye contact:)

Here is my sooc picture. Her face is a little underexposed on purpose so her dress wouldn't have few blown spots, but I knew I could brighten her up very easily with just a little editing.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP